My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Clean the print head nozzles.
- Select a higher Quality Option or Print Quality, and turn off High Speed mode in the Windows, Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4, or Mac OS X 10.5 printer software.
- Make sure the paper type or media type setting matches the paper you loaded.
- Make sure the printable side of the paper is face up. It's usually brighter or whiter.
- With Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4 or Mac OS X 10.5 (in the Print Settings pop-up menu), try using Automatic mode.
- Align the print head.
- The ink cartridges may need replacing.
Published: Aug 15, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!