I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it from the rear feed slot or cassette. Reload it, then adjust the edge guides. Make sure the paper stack is not above the tab on the edge guides inside the cassette or rear feed slot.
- Be sure to insert the paper cassette all the way into your product.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- Make sure the paper size and paper type settings are correct for the paper source.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the cassette printable side down.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
Paper Loading Capacity
Paper Jam Problems in the Paper Cassette
Paper Jam Problems in the Rear Cover
Published: Nov 22, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!