How should I transport or store my product?
If you need to store your product or transport it a long distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
Caution: During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- Leave the ink cartridges installed. Removing the cartridges can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing.
- Do not carry the product by its control panel; this may damage the product.
Note: Before storing your product for a long period, replace low, expended, or expired ink to help prevent the print head from drying out. Store your product in a cool, dry place.
- Turn off the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper.
- Open the printer cover and check to see if the print head is in the far right position (the home position). If not, turn on the product, wait for the print head to move, then turn the product off again.
- Secure the ink cartridge holder to the case with tape and the included protective material.
Do not touch or place tape on the white flat cable or the metal bar inside the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Close the printer cover.
- Pull on the front cover to slide out the paper cassette.
- Slide the edge guards all the way to the center.
- Slide in the paper cassette and close the output tray.
- Slide in the paper support and close the rear paper feed cover. Then close the front cover and lower the control panel.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product.
Keep the product level during transportation. Be sure to remove the tape from the ink cartridge holder before turning on your product. If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Aligning the Print Head Using the Product Control Panel