How do I replace the ink cartridges?
Make sure you have your replacement cartridges handy before you begin. You must install new cartridges immediately after removing the old ones.
Leave your old cartridges in the printer until you are ready to replace them to prevent the print head nozzles from drying out. Do not open ink cartridge packages until you are ready to install the ink. Cartridges are vacuum packed to maintain reliability.
- Make sure that the CD/DVD tray is not inserted.
- Turn on your product.
- If an ink cartridge is expended, you see a message on the LCD screen. Note which cartridges need to be replaced, select Next, and select Yes, replace now.
- If you are replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the LCD screen, select Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement. Select Next and select Start.
- Open the printer cover.
Do not move the print head by hand; otherwise, you may damage your product. Do not touch the flat white cable or the metal bar inside the product.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from the package.
- Remove the cap from the cartridge and save the cap so you can recap the ink cartridge before storing or disposing of it.
Do not remove any other labels or seals, or ink will leak. Do not touch the areas shown here. Doing so may prevent normal operation and printing.
- Push in the blue tab until it clicks to unlock the ink cartridge you are replacing. Then lift the ink cartridge as shown to remove it.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out and see a doctor right away. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children.
- Recap the used ink cartridge using the cap that came with it. You can also use the cap from your replacement cartridge package.
Note: Dispose of used cartridges carefully. Do not take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it.
- Insert the ink cartridge into the ink cartridge holder at a slight angle as shown. Then press the ink cartridge down until it clicks into place.
- After you replace all the cartridges that need replacing, close the printer cover and select Completed on the LCD screen. The product starts charging the ink. This takes a few minutes. When you see a completion message on the LCD screen, ink replacement is complete.
Note: If you see an error screen telling you an ink cartridge is installed incorrectly, lift up the printer cover and press the ink cartridge down until it clicks into place. When you're finished, close the printer cover.
If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot re-install and use the cartridge.
If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, recap the ink cartridge using the cap that came with it to prevent the ink from drying out and to protect the surrounding area from getting smeared by ink. Store the ink cartridge in the same environment as the product. Do not leave the product with the ink cartridges removed for an extended period of time. Otherwise, ink remaining in the print head nozzles may dry out and you may not be able to print.
Purchase Epson Ink Cartridges and Maintenance Box