How should I transport or store my product?
If you need to store your product or transport it a long distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
- Because the product is heavy, two or more people should lift and carry it using the hand position shown:
- Avoid tilting the product, positioning it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- Leave the ink cartridges installed. Removing the cartridges can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing.
- Leave the maintenance box installed; otherwise ink may leak.
Caution: During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
Note: Before storing your product for a long period, replace low, expended, or expired ink to help prevent the print head from drying out. Store your product in a cool, dry place.
- Turn off the product.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Wait for the power light to turn off, then unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect any connected cables and external storage devices.
- Close the rear paper support and remove the output tray.
Note: Do not place the output tray on top of the product. The output tray can fall while the product is being moved and you can be injured.
- Remove the optional cabinet and paper cassettes (if they are installed) before lifting the product.
Note: If the optional cabinet is installed, you can use the casters on the cabinet to roll the product instead of lifting it. Remove the cabinet stands and unlock the casters before moving the product. Do not roll the product over uneven or rough surfaces to avoid harsh impacts to the product.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product. Make sure the box adequately protects the product control panel.
Print Head Cleaning
Print Quality Adjustment
Removing and Installing Ink Cartridges