ENTER NOW – Experience your artwork on a massive scale
The winner(s) will get to produce their selected submission alongside the contest sponsors, as the winner(s) leads the project during its execution.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Entry dates: June 15, 2017 through July 29, 2017.
Prizes include trips to showcase winning submissions at selected venues all over Latin America.
Prizes: Travel and accommodations will be paid for 5 days (4 nights) to produce the winning submissions in the selected location while working with Dataton & Epson experts. A production license to the WATCHOUT software is available for download.
Entrants must submit creative proposals from June 15th 2017 through July 29, 2017. See location dates above for dates of the events.
Be judged by some of the industry's best technical and artistic talents for your chance to win. A panel of 5 judges will select the winner(s) per location.
Entries must be comprised of a proposal package that includes the selected building (or buildings if multiple) with the following:
- A software file with your mapping designs, i.e. AVI, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Any (PDF, DOC, PPT, etc.) documentation that elaborates on the background or concept of the presented design (please include any relevant information about the concept and inspiration for your design)
- A (PDF, DOC, PPT, etc.) Document with projection and software usage logistics proposed. A link to download Dataton WATCHOUT software is available on our Promotion Website for Entrants who prefer to submit a WATCHOUT production file
- Your biography (or your team's) and your past digital art work historical
Free WATCHOUT intensive courses will be given to particpants that have already submitted initial entry submission, once per country location, to better your chances/skills in the execution. We’ll list dates here so check this site!
WATCHOUT and Epson projectors will be used on all occasions. Please read all Official Rules or contact us for specific questions.
Open to residents who are legally residing in Canada (except the province of Quebec), the United States, Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, and Venezuela, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and who have reached the age of majority within the jurisdiction in which they reside at the time of entry. Entrants must have an understanding of mapping technology and the ability to travel to the location (and country) of their chosen structure if declared a winner. See Official Rules for more details on how to enter.
One or several submissions can be made for each of the 8 structures available, and each structure will have a defined theme. A predetermined number of projectors will be available per location at the venue's already slotted times during August 2017 through March 2018.
Training Dates 2017
- June 29 – Ecuador (Quito)
- July 5 – Argentina (Buenos Aires)
- July 5 – Mexico (CDMX)
- July 7 – Chile (Santiago)
- July 21 – Costa Rica (San Jose)
- July 25 – Peru (Lima)
- July 27 – Brasil (Sao Paulo)
- July 28 – Colombia (Bogota)
No training dates available in United States or Canada.