I can't start Epson Scan. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the scanner is turned on.
- Turn off the scanner and computer, then check the interface cable connection between them to make sure it is secure.
- Use the USB cable that came with your scanner.
- Connect the scanner directly to the computer's USB port or through one USB hub only. The scanner may not work properly when connected to the computer through more than one USB hub.
- Make sure your computer meets the minimum System Requirements.
- Make sure your computer supports USB.
- If you are using any TWAIN-compliant program, such as ScanSoft PaperPort, make sure that the correct scanner is selected as the Scanner or Source setting.
- If you upgraded your computer's operating system, you need to reinstall Epson Scan. Uninstall Epson Scan as described in Uninstalling Your Scanning Software, then reinstall it as described on the Start Here sheet.
- For Windows only:
- Make sure your scanner's name appears under Imaging devices without a (?) or an exclamation (!) mark in the Device Manager window. If the scanner's name appears with one of these marks or as an Unknown device, uninstall Epson Scan as described in Uninstalling Your Scanning Software, then reinstall it as described on the Start Here sheet.
Published: Jun 3, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!