How do I replace the product rollers?
Replace the scanner rollers when you see a replacement message displayed on your computer. Check the scanner roller counter to see when you need to replace the rollers.
- Turn off the scanner.
- Unplug the AC adapter.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Pull the edge of the scanner cover firmly at the arrow mark to open it.
- Press the pickup roller cover latch and pull up the cover to remove it.
- Slide the pickup roller to the right and lift up to remove it.
- To install the new pickup roller, align the notch on the roller unit and slide it to the left. Press down to secure the roller.
- Align the left edge of the pickup roller cover into the notches as shown and press it down until you hear it click into place.
Note: If you are not able to close the cover, the pickup roller is not installed correctly. Remove the roller unit and reinstall it, then try to close the cover again.
- Squeeze the tabs on the sides of the separation pad and pull up to remove it.
- To install a new separation pad, slide it into the groove as shown and push it in until you hear it click into place.
- Close the scanner cover. Press the edge of the scanner cover firmly at the arrow mark until the scanner cover clicks into place.
- Plug in the AC adapter and turn on the scanner.
- Reset the roller counter after replacing the rollers.
Checking the Scanner Roller Counter
Resetting the Scanner Roller Counter
User Replaceable Epson Scanner Parts and Accessories