How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi Direct connection?
Enabling a Direct Wi-Fi (AP Mode) ConnectionYou can enable a direct Wi-Fi connection to allow direct communication between your scanner and computer or other devices without a wireless router or access point.
Note: If you are connecting a wireless device to the scanner using a direct Wi-Fi (AP mode) connection, the scanner is connected to the same Wi-Fi network (SSID) as the wireless device. When you turn off the scanner, the wireless device is automatically connected to other Wi-Fi networks, so you must reconnect to the scanner in AP mode from the wireless device when you turn the scanner back on. To avoid reconnecting every time you turn the scanner off and back on, connect the scanner to an access point instead.
- Make a note of the SSID and password shown on the label on the back of the scanner.
- Open the scanner's input tray.
- Press the Wi-Fi button on the scanner's control panel.
- From your computer or device, search for and select the SSID shown on the label on the back of the scanner.
- Enter the password shown on the label on the back of the scanner. The AP mode light lights up in blue indicating an AP mode connection. If the connection is unsuccessful, make sure you entered the password correctly.