I see the message Scanner Not Ready or Epson Scan will not start in Windows or on my Mac. What should I do?
Do the following:
- Make sure your EPSON Stylus RX500 is turned on and securely connected to your computer or USB hub.
- If it is connected to a USB hub, make sure it's connected to a first tier hub. The first tier hub is the hub closest to the host computer when more than one hub is connected to the computer.
- Check to make sure the scanner's transportation lock is unlocked.
- Make sure you turn on the EPSON Stylus RX500 before you turn on your computer.
- Try restarting your computer.
Published: Apr 9, 2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!