I replaced an ink cartridge and my product shows that the same ink cartridge is expended. What should I do?
An ink cartridge may be incorrectly installed. Follow these steps to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed:
- Make sure the Epson Stylus NX400 is turned on.
- Do one of the following:
- If your printer indicates that an ink cartridge is expended, press OK.
- If your printer does not indicate that any ink cartridge is expended, press SETUP, select MAINTENANCE, and press OK. Then select CHANGE INK CARTRIDGE and press OK.
- Open the scanner.
- Open the cartridge cover.
- Press down all the ink cartridges until they click into place.
Note: If a cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.
Caution: If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use the cartridge.
- Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.
- Close the scanner.
- Press OK to begin charging the ink. This takes about 2 minutes.
You'll see a message on the LCD screen when ink charging is finished.
Caution: Never turn off the Epson Stylus while ink is charging or you'll waste ink.
If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, protect the ink supply area from dirt and dust and store it in the same environment as the Epson Stylus with the label facing upward. Note that there is a valve in the ink supply port, making covers or plugs unnecessary, but care is needed to prevent the ink from staining items that the cartridge touches. Do not touch the ink cartridge ink supply port or surrounding area, and do not store the cartridge upside down.
Published: Jan 22, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!