My networked product shows up with an ID number attached (such as EPSON4782E0 (IP)) when it is added to the print queue in OS X. How do I change the default name?
Follow these steps to change the default printer name:
- Open the Hard Drive.
- Select Applications > EpsonNet > EpsonNet Config V3 > EpsonNet Config.
- Select your printer and click Configuration. A Device Properties window appears.
- Select Administration in the folder tree.
- Enter your new printer name in the field next to Device Name.
- Click Transmit. It may take a while for the printer to update itself.
- Close EpsonNet Config.
Mac OS X 10.5
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu, then select Print & Fax.
- Select the old printer name with the ID number, and click the button.
- Click OK.
- Click the button. The new printer name you created will appear listed twice. (It may take a while for the second entry to appear.)
- Select the printer name with (IP) at the end of it and EPSON TCPIP in the Kind column (do not select the one with Bonjour in the Kind column), then click Add.
- Open the Applications folder and select Utilities.
- Select Printer Setup Utility.
- Select the old printer name with the ID number and click Delete.
- Click Add, then click More Printers. A Printer Browser window appears.
- Make sure EPSON TCP/IP is selected in the pop-up menu.
- Select your printer, then click Add.
Published: Aug 18, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!