I'm having problems installing the software for a USB connection. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure your all-in-one is turned on and the USB cable is securely connected at both ends. If you still have problems, disconnect the USB cable and carefully follow the software installation instructions on the Start Here sheet.
- Make sure your system meets the requirements. If you are using a Macintosh, make sure QuickTime 7.0 or higher is installed as well.
- Make sure the USB controller is working properly in Device Manager. See your Windows help system for details. If it's not working, contact your computer manufacturer.
- Make sure all applications (including any screen savers, virus protectors, and firewall software) are closed before you install the software. If any applications were open, uninstall the printer software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the printer software.
- If you see an error message or your software doesn't install correctly in Windows, you may not have software installation privileges. Contact your System Administrator.
- Uninstall the printer software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the printer software. Note: You must connect the all-in-one to your computer at the correct time to make sure the driver is installed correctly on your computer.
Published: Mar 14, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!