I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
See the solutions below for your type of paper feed problem.
- If paper doesn't feed, remove it from the tray. Reload it against the right side, then adjust the edge guides. Make sure the paper is not above the edge guides inside the paper cassette.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the tray, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- Load only up to the recommended number of sheets. If you're printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Make sure to load it printable side down.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it for insertion in a binder.
- Make sure you adjust the edge guide to match the length of the paper.
- If the paper is wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be damp or too thin. Load new paper.
- Make sure the paper Type or Media Type setting matches the paper you loaded.
Paper Does Not Feed Correctly
If paper jams when printing, follow the steps on the LCD screen to clear the jam. For help removing a paper jam, see the solution below for your problem:
Published: Aug 6, 2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!