I am unable to scan from my computer. What should I do?
Make sure you've installed the product software and connected the product to your computer or network. Then see Scan With Your Computer for scanning instructions.
If you're still unable to scan, try the following.
- Make sure the product is turned on.
- If you are using any TWAIN-compliant program, such as Adobe Photoshop Elements, make sure that the correct scanner is selected as the Scanner or Source setting.
- Try restarting your computer.
- Make sure Epson Scan Settings is set up correctly. See How to Set Up Epson Scan Settings below.
- If you are scanning a document or photo at high resolution, a communication error may occur. If the scan did not complete, lower the resolution.
- The scanner may not work properly if you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall Epson Scan.
- If the product is connected to your computer with a USB cable, make sure the USB cable is securely connected at both ends.
- If the product is connected to your network with an Ethernet cable, make sure the Ethernet cable is securely connected at both ends.
- If network communication was interrupted while starting Epson Scan, exit Epson Scan and restart it after a few seconds. If Epson Scan cannot restart, turn the product off and on, and then try again. Check the Timeout Setting in Epson Scan Settings. For details, see the Epson Scan Help.
- If the product is connected to a USB hub, make sure it's connected to a first tier hub (the hub closest to the host computer) with an A/C adapter when more than one hub is connected to the computer.
How to Set Up Epson Scan Settings
- Launch Epson Scan Settings.
Note: If you see a message that Epson Scan cannot be started, click No to the message(s).
- Make sure the product is selected as the scanner.
- If the product is connected to your computer with a USB cable, make sure the Connection setting is set to Local. Then skip the remaining steps.
- If the product is set up on a network, print a Network Status Sheet, then check the Connection and Network Scanner Address settings in Epson Scan Settings.
If the Connection setting is set to Network and your scanner appears under Network Scanner Address with the correct IP address, your settings are correct and you can skip the remaining steps.
If either of these settings is incorrect, make sure the Connection setting is set to Network and continue with the next step.
- Click Add. The Add window appears.
- Make sure Search for address is selected, then select the IP address that appears.
It may take a few moments for the IP address to appear. If more than one IP address appears, be sure to select the one that matches your product's IP address.
If you have a firewall or Internet security software installed, the search feature may not work correctly. In this case, click Enter address, and enter the IP address manually.
- Click OK as necessary to save your changes and exit Epson Scan Settings.
Published: Jan 30, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!