How do I uninstall the standard EPSON printer software?
Follow the instructions below for your operating system.
Windows - Standard EPSON Printer Software
- Turn off the product.
- If the product is connected with a USB or Ethernet cable, disconnect it from the product.
- Click Start or , and select Programs or All Programs.
- Select EPSON, then select your product, then select EPSON Printer Software Uninstall.
If you see a User Account Control window, click Yes or Continue.
- In the next window, select your product and click OK. Then follow the on-screen instructions. Note: You cannot uninstall the PostScript printer software.
- Restart your computer, then see the Start Here sheet to reinstall your software.
You can uninstall and then re-install your printer software to solve certain problems.
Note: You cannot uninstall the PostScript printer software.
- Turn off the product.
- Disconnect any interface cables.
- Do one of the following:
- Windows 7 or Windows Vista: Select Programs and Features. (In Classic view, select Programs and click Uninstall a program.) Select Epson Universal Laser P6 and click Uninstall/Change.
- Windows XP: Click Start and select Control Panel. Double-click Add or Remove Programs, select Epson Universal Laser P6, and click Change/Remove.
- Follow any on-screen instructions to uninstall your printer software.
- Restart your computer, then re-install your software. Note: If you find that re-installing your product software does not solve a problem, contact Epson.
In most cases, you do not need to uninstall your product software before re-installing it. However, you can download the Uninstall Center utility from the Epson support website to uninstall your product software as described here.
Note: If you find that re-installing your product software does not solve a problem, contact Epson.
- To download the Uninstall Center utility, visit the Epson download site (U.S. downloads or Canadian downloads).
- Extract the contents of the zip file you downloaded onto your hard drive.
- Quit all applications currently running on your Mac.
- Open the Applications > EPSON Software folder.
- Double-click the Uninstall Center icon.
- Select the checkbox for each software program you want to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.
Published: Mar 27, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!