How do I use the control panel buttons to scan?
You can scan an image to your computer using your product's control panel buttons.
Your product automatically selects suitable default scan settings, but you can view or change them as necessary.
- Make sure you installed the product software and connected the product to your computer or network.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Scan and press the OK button. The scan options are displayed:
- Press the arrow buttons to select a scan option and press the OK button.
- To PC saves your scan file directly to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6/10.7.
- To PC (PDF) saves your scan as a PDF file to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6/10.7.
- To PC (Email) scans your original and attaches it to a message in your e-mail program. You can select the e-mail program you want to use and resize your image, if necessary, from an option screen on your computer.
Note: This works with MAPI-type email such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Mac Mail, and Entourage, but not web-based email such as Gmail.
- To PC (WSD) lets you manage network scanning in Windows 7 or Windows Vista (English only).
Note: To use this feature, you must first set up WSD (Web Services for Devices) on the computer you want to scan to.
- Press the arrow buttons to select how you connected your product to your computer:
- If your product is connected directly to your computer with a USB cable, select USB Connection.
- If your product is connected to your computer over a network, select the computer name from the list.
- Press the start button to start scanning.