I cannot scan from my computer with Epson Scan. What should I do?
Try the following solutions:
- Make sure your product is turned on and any interface cables are securely connected at both ends.
- If the product is connected to a USB hub, make sure it's connected to a first tier hub (the hub closest to the host computer) when more than one hub is connected to the computer.
- Make sure EPSON Scan is selected in your scanning program.
- Make sure your computer is not running in a power-saving mode, such as sleep or standby. If so, wake your system and restart EPSON Scan.
- Check the connection setting and test the connection using EPSON Scan Settings:
Windows: Click or Start > All Programs or Programs > EPSON > EPSON Scan > EPSON Scan Settings. Make sure the correct Connection setting is selected, then click the Test button.
Mac OS X: Open the Applications folder, click Epson software, and click EPSON Scan Settings. Make sure the correct Connection setting is selected, then click the Test button.
- Try restarting your computer.
- Make sure you do not have multiple versions of EPSON Scan installed. If you do, uninstall both versions and install one version.
- If you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall EPSON Scan, try reinstalling it. Note: With Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, or 10.8 in addition to scanning with Image Capture, you can download and install EPSON Scan scanning software. EPSON Scan provides additional image adjustment and photo correction features for enhancing scanned images, and provides an interface for TWAIN-compliant OCR scanning software, such as ABBYY FineReader. To download EPSON Scan, visit the Downloads tab for your product.
Published: Jul 27, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!