How do I use the control panel buttons to scan a photo or document and attach the scanned image to an email?
Do the following:
- Make sure you installed the product software and connected the product to your computer or network.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Press the left or right arrow buttons to select Scan and press the OK button. The scan options are displayed.
- Press the arrow buttons and select
Scan to PC (Email).
This option scans your original and
attaches it to a message in your e-mail program. You can select the e-mail
program you want to use and resize your image, if necessary, from an option
screen on your computer.
Note: This works with MAPI-type email such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Mac Mail, and Entourage, but not web-based email such as Gmail.
- To scan to your PC, you first need to select how you connected
your product to your computer:
- If your product is connected directly to your computer with a USB cable, select USB Connection.
- If your product is connected to your computer over a network, select the computer name from the list.
- Press one of the buttons to start scanning.
Published: Feb 1, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!