How do I use the control panel buttons to scan a photo to a flash drive?
You can scan an image using your product's control panel buttons.
Your product automatically selects suitable default scan settings, but you can view or change them as necessary.
- Make sure you installed the product software and connected the product to your computer or network.
- Press the Scan button. The scan options are displayed:
- Press the up or down arrow buttons to select a scan option and press the OK button.
- Scan to USB Device saves your scan file on a USB flash drive and lets you select the file format, resolution, and other settings.
- Scan to Cloud sends your scanned files to a destination that you have registered with Epson Connect.
- Scan to PC saves your scan as a JPEG file to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8.
- Scan to PC (PDF) saves your scan as a PDF file to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8.
- Scan to PC (Email) scans your original and attaches it to a message in your e-mail program. You can select the e-mail program you want to use and resize your image, if necessary, from an option screen on your computer.
Note: This works with MAPI-type email such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Mac Mail, and Entourage, but not web-based email such as Gmail.
- Scan to PC (WSD) lets you manage network scanning in Windows 7 or Windows Vista (English only).
Note: To use this feature, you must first set up WSD (Web Services for Devices) on the computer you want to scan to.
- To scan to your computer, you first need to select how you connected your product to your computer:
- If your product is connected directly to your computer with a USB cable, press the up or down arrow buttons to select USB Connection.
- If your product is connected to your computer over a network, press the up or down arrow buttons to select the computer name from the list.
- Press the Start Color button to start scanning.