How should I transport or store my product?
If you need to store your product or transport it some distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- When storing or transporting an ink bottle after removing its seal, do not tilt the bottle and do not subject it to impacts or temperature changes. Otherwise, ink may leak even if the cap on the ink bottle is tightened securely. Be sure to keep the ink bottle upright when tightening the cap, and take measures to prevent ink from leaking when transporting the ink bottles.
- Do not put opened ink bottles in the box with the product.
- Do not carry the product by its control panel; this may damage the product.
Caution: During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
Note: Before storing your product for a long period, replace low, expended, or expired ink to help prevent the print head from drying out. Store your product in a cool, dry place.
- Turn off the product.
- Lift up the scanner unit and check to see if the print head is in the far right position (the home position). If not, turn on the product, wait for the print head to move to the far right, then turn the product off again.
- Secure the print head to the case with tape.
Do not place tape on the white flat cable or transparent film inside the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Lower the scanner unit.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Open the ink tank unit cover and make sure that the ink tank caps are installed securely.
- Close the ink tank cover and scanner unit.
- Close the paper support, feeder guard, and output tray. Then lower the control panel by squeezing the release bar and gently pushing the panel down.
Do not lower the control panel without first squeezing the release bar or you may damage your product.
- Place the product in its original packaging materials, if possible, or use equivalent cushioning around the product.
Be sure to remove the tape from the print head before turning on your product. If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment