How do I use my product's control panel to automatically send an email of a scanned item?
You can scan an original and email the scanned file using your product's control panel. You need to have a preconfigured email server before you can scan to email. You can either enter the email address directly on the product's control panel or select an address from the Contacts list. Make sure the date and time are set correctly so the time stamps on your emails are accurate.
Note: You can also use the Scan to Document Capture Pro function to scan and email the scanned file.
- Place your original on the product for scanning.
Note: To scan a double-sided or multi-page document, place all of the pages in the ADF.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Scan. You see a screen like this:
- Select Email. You see a screen like this:
- Do one of the following:
- Select from any displayed frequent contacts.
- Select Keyboard to use the displayed keyboard to enter the address for the recipient and press OK.
- Select Contacts and choose an email address from the Contacts list.
- Select History to choose an email address from your recent scan history.
- Select Scan Settings.
- Select File Format to choose the file format for your scan.
- Scroll down and change the Subject and File Name settings, if necessary.
- Select any additional scan settings as necessary.
- Select Presets to save your scan settings.
Note: Presets can be locked by an administrator. If you cannot access or change this setting, contact your administrator for assistance.
- Press the Send icon. Your product scans your original and emails the scanned file.
Entering Characters on the LCD Screen
Configuring Email Server Settings
Setting Up Contacts Using the Product Control Panel
Placing Originals on the Product