How do I use my product's control panel to automatically send an email of a scanned item?
You can scan an original and email the scanned file using your product's control panel. You need to have a preconfigured email server before you can scan to email. You can either enter the email address directly on the product's control panel or select an address from the Contacts list. Make sure the date and time are set correctly so the time stamps on your emails are accurate.
- Place your original on the product for scanning.
Note: To scan a multi-page document, place all of the pages in the ADF.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Scan. You see a screen like this:
- Select Email.
Note: If you have not configured an email server, you are prompted to setup the server. Select Proceed to open the server settings screen or select Done to continue.You see a screen like this:
- Do one of the following:
- Select Contacts and choose an email address from the Contacts list.
- Select Keyboard to use the displayed keyboard to enter the address for the recipient and press OK.
- Select History to choose an email address from your recent scan history.
- Select Scan Settings.
- Select File Format to choose the file format for your scan.
- Scroll down and change the Subject and File Name settings if necessary.
- Select any additional scan settings as necessary.
- Press the preset button to save your scan settings.
- Press the Send icon. Your product scans your original and emails the scanned file.
Entering Characters on the LCD Screen
Creating Contacts for Scanning
Selecting the Date and Time
Configuring Email Server Settings
Placing Originals on the Product
Published: Sep 13, 2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!