I replaced an ink cartridge, but my product shows that the same ink is expended. What should I do?
The ink cartridges may not have been installed using the correct procedure, or they may not be seated correctly. Follow the instructions below to correctly install and reseat the ink cartridges.
- Turn on your product.
- Do one of the following:
- If you see the ink expended message on the LCD screen, note which cartridge needs to be replaced and press the OK button. Select the option to replace the ink cartridge and press the OK button again.
- If you are replacing an ink cartridge before you see a message on the LCD screen, select Menu > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement. Then press the OK button.
- Open the inner cover.
Do not move the print head by hand; otherwise, you may damage your product. Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer.
- Push in the blue tab to unlock the ink cartridge you are replacing. Then lift the bottom of the ink cartridge to remove it.
- Make sure the yellow tape is removed from the ink cartridge. Only remove the yellow tape.
Do not touch the areas shown below. Doing so may prevent normal operation and printing.
- Insert the ink cartridge at a slight angle into the ink cartridge holder as shown. Then press the bottom of the ink cartridge down until it clicks into place.
- Close the inner cover and press the OK button.
The product starts charging the ink. This takes a few minutes. When you see a completion message on the LCD screen, ink replacement is complete.
Published: Aug 12, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!