How do I replace the maintenance box?
Make sure you have a new maintenance box before you begin.
Do not reuse a maintenance box that has been removed and left uninstalled for more than a week. Keep the maintenance box away from direct sunlight.
- Make sure the product is not printing.
- Remove the new maintenance box from its package.
Do not touch the green chip on the maintenance box.
- Open the document cover.
- Raise the control panel.
- Use a flat-head screwdriver to loosen the screw on the maintenance box cover as shown.
- Pull off the maintenance box cover as shown.
- Grasp the maintenance box and pull it out of its holder.
Note: Do not tilt the used maintenance box or take it apart, and do not touch the areas shown here.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If discomfort or vision problems persist, see a doctor immediately. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out and see a doctor right away. Keep the maintenance box out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
- Place the used maintenance box in the plastic bag that came with the new maintenance box. Seal the bag and dispose of it carefully.
- Insert the new maintenance box into the holder and push it all the way in.
- Insert the maintenance box cover into the tabs on the product as shown, close the cover, and tighten the screw to secure it.
Removing and Installing Ink Cartridges
Replacing the Maintenance Box
Ink Cartridge and Maintenance Box Part Numbers