My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head.
- Adjust the print quality in the product software.
- If you continue to see horizontal or vertical bands or streaks in your printouts after cleaning and aligning the print head, you can finely tune the horizontal or vertical alignment in the Maintenance menu.
- You may need to refill the ink. Visually check the ink levels.
- If you have not used the product for a long time, run the Power Cleaning utility.
Note: Power Cleaning consumes a lot of ink, so run this utility only if you cannot improve print quality by cleaning the print head.
Print Head Maintenance
Checking the Ink Levels on Your Product
Aligning the Print Head Using the Product Control Panel
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac
Refilling the Ink Tanks
Paper or Media Type Settings - Printing Software
Paper or Media Type Settings - Control Panel
Published: Apr 15, 2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!