Nothing projects on the screen. What should I do?
If no image appears, try the following solutions:
- Press the A/V Mute button on the remote control to see if the image was temporarily turned off.
- Make sure all necessary cables are securely connected and the power is on for the projector and connected video sources.
- If your device is connected via a video scaler or wall plate, connect it directly to your projector.
- If you connected your video source to the Computer2/Monitor Out port, make sure you set the Monitor Out Port setting to Computer2.
- Make sure the image being projected is not completely black (only when projecting computer images).
- Press the projector's power button to wake it from standby or sleep mode. Also see if your connected computer is in sleep mode or displaying a blank screen saver.
- If the projector does not respond when you press any buttons on the projector, an internal error may have occurred in the projector. Contact Epson for help.
- Press the Menu button. If the projector menu displays, there may be a problem with the connected video source, cable connection, or port.
- Adjust the Brightness setting on the Image menu.
- Adjust the brightness of your projector's light source.
- Check the Display menu to make sure the Messages setting is set to On.
- If the projector does not respond when you press the control panel buttons, the buttons may be locked. Unlock the buttons.
- If the projector does not respond when you press buttons on the remote control, make sure the remote receivers are turned on.
- For images projected with Windows Media Center, reduce the screen size from full screen mode.
- For images projected from applications using Windows DirectX, turn off DirectX functions.
- The projector may not be able to project copyrighted videos that you play back on a computer. For details, see the manual supplied with your computer.
- If you cannot project a screen mirroring image, make sure the Capture setting is disabled.
- If the other solutions do not solve the problem, reset all of the projector settings using the options on the Initial/All Settings menu.
Selecting an Image Source
Unlocking the Projector's Buttons
Shutting Off the Picture and Sound Temporarily
Display Settings - Display Menu
Setup Settings - ECO Menu
Input Signal Settings - Signal I/O Menu
Image Quality Settings - Image Menu
Published: Mar 8, 2023 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!