How should I clean the product?
Do the following:
- Unplug the scanner's AC adapter to turn it off.
- Unplug the AC adapter cord from the scanner.
- Clean the outer case with a cloth dampened with mild detergent and water.
- If the glass surface of the document table gets dirty, clean it with a non-abrasive microfiber cloth. If the glass surface is stained with grease or some other hard-to-remove material, use a small amount of glass cleaner and a non-abrasive microfiber cloth to remove it. Wipe off all remaining liquid.
- Do not press the glass surface of the document table with any force.
- Be careful not to scratch or damage the glass surface of the document table, and do not use a hard or abrasive brush to clean it. A damaged glass surface can decrease the scan quality.
- Never use alcohol, thinner, or corrosive solvent to clean the scanner. These chemicals can damage the scanner components and the case.
- Be careful not to spill liquid into the scanner mechanism or electronic components. This could permanently damage the mechanism and circuitry.
- Do not spray lubricants inside the scanner.
- Never open the scanner case.
Published: Sep 12, 2006 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!