My scanning software doesn't work properly in Windows or on my Mac. What should I do?
- Make sure your computer has adequate memory and meets the system requirements for your operating system.
- Make sure your computer is not running in a power-saving mode, such as sleep or standby. If so, wake your system and restart your scanning software.
- Make sure the scanner is turned on.
- Make sure the connection between the scanner and your computer is secure.
- If you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall your scanning software, try reinstalling it.
- In Windows, be sure that the scanner is listed under Imaging Devices in the Device Manager.
- Connect the scanner directly to the computer. The scanner may not work properly when connected through a USB hub.
- If you are using a TWAIN-compliant program, make sure that the correct product is selected as the Scanner or Source setting.
- If you are using the scanner with the optional Network Interface Unit, make sure the network cable is securely connected.
- If your scanner is connected to one computer via USB and another computer via wireless connection, and Epson Scan 2 is running on the wirelessly connected computer, pressing the start button on the scanner will save the scanned images to the wirelessly connected computer (ES-500W/ES-500WR).
If your scanning software does not operate correctly, try these solutions:
Uninstall Your Scanner Software
Windows System Requirements
Mac System Requirements
Published: Sep 27, 2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!