My scanning software doesn't work properly in Windows or on my Mac. What should I do?
If your scanning software does not operate correctly, try these solutions:
- Make sure your computer has adequate memory and meets the system requirements for your operating system.
- Make sure your computer is not running in a power-saving mode, such as sleep or standby. If so, wake your system and restart your scanning software.
- Make sure the scanner is turned on.
- Make sure the connection between the scanner and your computer is secure.
- If you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall your scanning software, try reinstalling it.
- In Windows, be sure that the scanner is listed under Imaging Devices in the Device Manager.
- Make sure the scanning software is installed.
- Use the USB cable that came with the scanner.
- Connect the scanner directly to the computer. The scanner may not work properly when connected through a USB hub.
- If you are using a TWAIN-compliant program, make sure that the correct product is selected as the Scanner or Source setting.
- Make sure the PC Connection via USB setting is not disabled on the control panel.
- Check that the Wi-Fi connection is working correctly. Try turning the wireless router off and on.
- If your scanner is connected to one computer via USB and another computer via wireless connection, pressing the start button on the scanner will save the scanned images to the computer connected via USB.
- Make sure another computer is not connected to the scanner using a USB cable. A USB connection takes priority over a Wi-Fi connection. If another computer is connected by USB, disconnect it.
- If you are using a Mac computer, make sure you select the network that has priority on it.
Uninstall Your Scanner Software
Windows System Requirements
Mac System Requirements
Published: Jan 21, 2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!