I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
Check the following:
- If paper doesn't feed, remove it from the sheet feeder and fan the stack. Reload it against the right side, then press in the tab on the left edge guide and slide it against the paper. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the left edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the cassette, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- Make sure you load only up to the recommended number of sheets. If you're printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper, that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Load it printable side up in the sheet feeder.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it for insertion in a binder.
- The printer won't operate properly if it's tilted or at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base in all directions.
- If the paper doesn't eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Press the button, then open the printer cover and remove the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If it's wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be over-saturated or too thin. (If the paper is over-saturated, make sure you select the correct media type in the printer software).
- If paper jams, follow these steps:
Paper type Load up to this many sheets Plain paper (letter-size) 100 Epson Bright White Paper
Epson Presentation Paper Matte
80 sheets Epson Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
10 sheets (for 4 6-inch or 5 7-inch)
20 sheets (for letter-size and 8 10-inch)
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-sided
Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte
20 sheets Epson Photo Quality Self-adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-on Cool Peel Transfer Paper
Note: For legal-size and user-defined sizes of paper, load one sheet at a time.
- Gently pull any jammed paper out from the output tray or sheet feeder.
- If paper is stuck inside, turn off the printer.
- Open the printer cover and remove the jammed paper, including any torn pieces. Check for any paper under the far-left side of the cover.
Caution:Be careful not to touch the white cable inside the printer, or you may damage it.
- Close the printer cover and turn the printer back on.
- Press the button to clear the error.
Published: Aug 20, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!