My printout has incorrect margins. What should I do?
The answer depends on whether you're printing, scanning, or copying. See the solutions below for your task.
- Make sure your paper is positioned correctly in the cassette.
- Make sure the paper settings are correct for your paper size in the Windows, Mac OS X 10.5/10.6, or Mac OS X 10.4 printer software.
- Choose the correct margins for your paper size in your printing program.
- Use the Print Preview option in your Windows, Mac OS X 10.5/10.6, or Mac OS X 10.4 printer software to check your margins before you print.
- If you're printing from a web browser, the pages may not print correctly due to the web page design. Try the following:
- Check to see if there is a Printer Friendly Version (or similarly named) icon or link on the web page that you can click on.
- Experiment with page setup and paper size, then select Print Preview from the File menu in your web browser to view the changes.
- Make sure your original is positioned against the back left corner of the glass. Move your original away from the edges slightly.
Published: Jan 20, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!