I set up my product on a network, but the Scan to PC, Scan to Email, and Scan to PDF features do not work. What should I do?
To use these features, you must have the EPSON Event Manager software installed. If you do not have the EPSON Event Manager installed, go to the Downloads tab for your product to download and install the software.
- Try restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, continue with the steps below.
- Make sure you disable all software that can block communication between the printer and your computer (such as firewall, virus protection or utilities).
- Install the EPSON Event Manager software. Note: The first time the Event Manager Utility is installed, you must restart your computer in order for the features to work over the network.
- If you are using a Firewall application or Windows Firewall, make a program exception in the Firewall settings. Click or Start > Control Panel > Security or Security Center > Windows Firewall. Click the Exceptions tab, (or click Change Settings if you cannot find the Exceptions tab.) Click the Add Program button, select Event Manager from the program list and click OK. Next confirm that the check box for Event Manager is selected in the Programs and Services list and click OK.
- Launch the Event Manager and make sure your Epson product and scanner option is selected. Click or Start > Programs or All Programs > Epson software > Event Manager. Click the Button Settings tab, set all settings to use EPSON Scan and click Close.
- Click or Start > Control Panel > Scanners and Cameras or Devices and Printers.
- Right-click your product's name, then click Properties.
- Click the Events tab.
- Select Scan Button for Select an event.
- Select Epson Event Manager for Start this program.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK. Try using the Scan to PC, Scan to Email, or Scan to PDF features. Note: Make sure you enable any software you disabled in step 1.
If the steps above do not help, try enabling the UDP/TCP ports for EPSON Scan (port number 1865/3289) and EPSON Event Manager (port number 2968) on your router. If you are unsure on how to do this, contact your router manufacturer for instructions.
Published: Jun 13, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!