My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head.
- Make sure the yellow tape on the ink cartridge(s) installed in your product was removed.
- You may need to replace the ink cartridges.
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Alignment
Print Head Cleaning
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Printing Preferences - OS X
Paper Type Settings
Removing and Installing Ink Cartridges
Replacing Ink Cartridges and Maintenance Boxes
Published: Mar 31, 2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!