How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi connection to a computer or another device without using a wireless router or access point?
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct ModeYou can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and computer or other devices without a wireless router or access point.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Wi-Fi Setup and press the OK button. You see this screen:
- Press the arrow buttons to select Wi-Fi Direct Setup and press the OK button.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Connection Setup and press the OK button.
- Press the down arrow button, then press the OK button to change the Wi-Fi Direct password.
Note: If you have already connected devices or computers to your product via Wi-Fi Direct, they will be disconnected when you change the password.
- Enter your Wi-Fi Direct password.
Note: Your password must be at least 8 and no more than 22 characters long.
- Press the up and down arrow buttons to scroll through characters. Then press the right arrow button to move to the next character.
- To switch between ABC (uppercase), abc (lowercase), or 123 (numbers and symbols), press the home button.
- To delete characters, press the left arrow.
- When you finish entering characters, press the OK button.
- Press the OK button. You see this screen:
- Use your computer or wireless device to select the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) displayed on the LCD screen, then enter the password shown.
- Press the OK button to exit. You see either an AP or D connection symbol on the LCD screen and should be able to print directly to your product from your computer or device.
Note: If the AP or D connection symbol is not displayed on the LCD screen, Wi-Fi Direct mode is not enabled. Repeat these steps to try again.