How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi Direct connection?
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct ModeYou can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and computer or other devices (up to 4) without a wireless router or access point.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select the icon. You see a screen like this:
- Select Wi-Fi Direct.
- Select Start Setup.
- Select Start Setup again. You see a screen like this:
- Use your computer or wireless device to select the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) displayed on the LCD screen and enter the displayed password.
Note: You can also scan the QR Code on the LCD screen to view online setup instructions.
- When you are finished, scroll down on the product's LCD screen and select OK.
- Press the home button to return to the Home screen. The Wi-Fi Direct icon displayed on the LCD screen indicates if Wi-Fi Direct is enabled on the product. If your device is not connected, repeat step 6 and make sure you enter the password correctly.
If you are printing from a computer, make sure you installed the network software as described on the Start Here sheet.
Published: Apr 12, 2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!