There is no sound. What should I do?
If there is no sound when you expect it or the volume is too low or high, try the following solutions:
- Adjust the projector's volume settings.
- Check your computer or video source to make sure the volume is turned up and the audio output is set for the correct source.
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting the audio cable.
- Check the audio cable connections between the projector and your video source.
- If you do not hear sound from an HDMI source, set the connected device to PCM output.
- Make sure any connected audio cables are labeled "No Resistance."
- If you are using the USB Display function, turn on the Output audio from the projector setting in the Epson USB Display Settings program on your computer.
- If you are using a Mac and you do not hear sound from an HDMI source, make sure your Mac supports audio through the HDMI port. If not, you need to connect an audio cable.
- If you want to use a connected audio source when the projector isn't projecting any images, set the Quick Startup option in the Operation menu to Off and make sure the A/V Output setting in the Signal I/O menu is set to Always On.
- Make sure the Audio Out Device option is set to the correct audio port for your video device.
- If you turn the projector on immediately after turning it off, the cooling fans may run at high speed momentarily and cause an unexpected noise. This is normal.
Connecting to External Speakers
Controlling the Volume with the Volume Buttons
Input Signal Settings - Signal I/O Menu
Connecting to Computer Sources
Connecting to Video Sources
Published: Dec 10, 2020 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!