How do I set up my projector?
Your ultra-short throw projector is designed to be installed on a wall (with a wall mount).
You can also place the projector on a flat surface such as a desk or table to project in a portable setup.
Keep these considerations in mind as you select a projector location:
- Follow the instructions in the online Installation Guide to install the projector.
- Leave plenty of space around and under the projector for ventilation, and do not place it on top of or next to anything that could block the vents.
- If you are using the projector at altitudes above 4921 feet (1500 m), set the High Altitude Mode setting to On in the projector's Installation menu to ensure the projector's internal temperature is regulated properly.
- Position the projector within reach of a grounded electrical outlet or extension cord.
- If installing on a wall, the wall mount (V12HA06A05) is required.
- If the projector is not mounted, install the front projector feet and place it on a sturdy, level surface.
- Place the projector so it squarely faces the screen, not at an angle. If you cannot install the projector squarely facing the screen, correct any resulting image distortion using the projector controls.
- Try not to set up the projector in locations subject to high humidity and dust, or in locations subject to smoke from fires or tobacco smoke.
Projector Setup and Installation Options
You can set up or install your projector in the following ways:
Mounted on the wall or ceiling
Mounted on the wall or ceiling and projecting from behind a translucent screen
Front projection from a table or portable cart
Rear projection from a table or portable cart behind a translucent screen
Wherever you set up the projector, make sure to position it squarely in front of the screen, not at an angle.
If you place the projector vertically, turn on the Vertical Installation setting in the projector's Installation menu.
If you install the projector to a fixed location, turn on the Fixed Installation setting in the projector's Installation menu.
If you project from a table or portable cart, or from the rear, install the projector feet be sure to select the correct Projection option in the projector's menu system.