How do I install the product software in Windows?
You must install your software before connecting the scanner to your computer.
1. Insert the scanner software CD-ROM in the CD-ROM or DVD drive. (If the CD-ROM doesn't automatically start, double-click My Computer, double-click the EPSON CD-ROM icon, then double-click the icon.)
2. Read the license agreement, then click Agree.
3. At the Software Installation screen, select the software you want to install. To select or deselect an application, click the box next to the software name. (You cannot deselect the required software.)
4. After you've made your software selections, click Install.
5. Before each application is installed, a screen appears allowing you to return to the main Software Installation screen or continue the installation. Click Next to continue the installation. Follow the on screen instructions for each application. Note that EPSON Smart Panel(tm) installs in several steps.
5. After all the software is installed, click Exit.
6. Remove the red tape from the back of the scanner and slide the transportation lock to the right.
7. Connect the AC adapter and the USB cable to the back of the scanner from the computer. Note: Your system may not work correctly if you use a USB cable other than the one supplied by EPSON or if you connect your scanner through more than one USB hub.
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!