How do I install the product software on my Mac?
Follow these steps to install the software:
1. Insert the scanner software CD-ROM in the CD-ROM or DVD drive. The installer starts automatically. If it doesn't, double-click the EPSON CD-ROM icon to open it.
2. Double-click the EPSON icon.
3. When you see a message asking you to disable anti-virus software, click 'OK'.
4. Read the license agreement, then click 'Agree'.
5. At the Software Installation screen, click 'Install'.
6. When the EPSON TWAIN 5 Installer screen appears, click 'Install'.
7. When the EPSON TWAIN installation is complete, click 'Restart'. Do not remove your CD-ROM. After your Macintosh restarts you can install the rest of your software.
8. When your Macintosh restarts, double-click the EPSON CD-ROM icon to open it, if necessary, then double-click the EPSON icon.
9. Follow the on screen instructions to install each application. After each one is installed, click 'Quit' to continue. Note that EPSON Smart Panel™ installs in several steps. If you have PDA software on your computer, Presto! PixExpress will be installed. Please wait until the process is complete. If you don't currently have a PDA, Presto! PixExpress can be added at a later time if you get one.
10. When you see a message 'Would you like a link to Epson's Photo Sharing web site to appear on your desktop?' click 'Yes' or 'No'.
11. On the next screen click 'Exit'. The Epson product registration screen appears.
12. Register your scanner as instructed. At the last screen, click 'Done' or close your browser. You'll see a message instructing you to connect the scanner. Make sure the transportation lock is unlocked then connect the AC adapter and USB cable.
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!