I can't start Epson Scan. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure your computer meets the System Requirements.
- Use another USB port. If your scanner is connected to a USB hub, connect the scanner directly to a USB port on your computer.
- Uninstall the scanner software and then reinstall the scanner software.
- Before installing the scanner software, make sure all anti-virus software is disabled.
- If you had a non-Epson scanner previously installed on your computer, this may cause device conflicts with your Epson scanner. We recommend that you delete all scanner software (driver, scanning program, etc.) related to your previous scanner.
- You may also have problems if you're using a Macintosh with OS X 10.2.x or later and Classic is running in the background. We now have an updated driver which supports scanning in OS X while Classic is running. You can download the latest TWAIN Driver and Epson Scan Utility from the Downloads tab.
- The problem could also be caused by other hardware or software settings. See You cannot start EPSON Scan.
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!