How should I clean the product?
- Do not press the glass surface of the document table with any force.
- Be careful not to scratch or damage the glass surface of the document table, and do not use a hard or abrasive brush to clean it. A damaged glass surface can decrease the scan quality.
- Never use alcohol, thinner, or corrosive solvent to clean the scanner. These chemicals can damage the scanner components and the case.
- Be careful not to spill liquid into the scanner mechanism or electronic components. This could permanently damage the mechanism and circuitry.
- Do not spray lubricants inside the scanner.
- Never open the scanner case.
Do the following:
- Turn off the scanner.
- Unplug the power cord from the scanner.
- Clean the outer case with a cloth dampened with mild detergent and water.
- If the glass surface of the document table gets dirty, clean it with a soft, dry microfiber cloth. If the glass surface is stained with grease or some other hard-to-remove material, use a small amount of glass cleaner on a soft microfiber cloth to remove it. Wipe off all remaining liquid. Caution: Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the scanner glass; otherwise, the fluid might leak inside the scanner and damage it. See Cleaning the Scanner in the User's Guide for more information.
- If the document mat of the ADF gets dirty, clean it as described in Step 4. Also, be sure to clean the left side of the document table.
Make sure that no dust builds up on the surface of the document table. Dust can cause spots in your scanned images.
Published: Jun 3, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!