The product is not recognizing characters well when using Epson Scan. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the document lies straight on the document table.
- In Office Mode or Home Mode, select the Text Enhancement check box.
- Adjust the Threshold setting.
- Office Mode or Home Mode: Select Black&White as the Image Type setting. Then try adjusting the Threshold setting. See Converting Scanned Documents Into Editable Text.
- Professional Mode: Click the + (Windows) or (Mac OS X) button next to Image Type and select the appropriate Image Option setting. Then try adjusting the Threshold setting. See Converting Scanned Documents Into Editable Text.
- For small text, try selecting 400 or 600 as the Resolution setting.
Note: It is recommended that you use a font size of 9 points or greater.
- Check your OCR software manual to see if there are any settings you can adjust in your OCR software.
Published: Jan 16, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!