How should I transport the product?
Before you transport the scanner for a long distance or store it for an extended period of time, the scanner's carriage needs to be in the home position to prevent damage.
- Make sure the carriage is in the home position of the scanner (on the left side). If the carriage is not in the home position, turn on the scanner and wait until the carriage moves to the home position.
- Turn off the scanner, then unplug the power cord.
- Pull down the transportation lock to the Lock position.
- Disconnect all the cables from the scanner.
- Attach the packing materials that came with the scanner, then repack the scanner in its original box or a similar box that fits the scanner snugly.
Published: May 6, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!