How should I transport my product?
Before you transport the scanner for a long distance or store it for an extended period of time, the scanner's carriage needs to be in the home position to prevent damage.
- Make sure the carriage is in the home position on the upper side of the scanner. If the carriage is not in the home position, turn on the scanner and wait until the carriage moves to the home position.
- Turn off the scanner using its power switch, then unplug the AC power cord.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the scanner.
- On the back of the scanner, slide the transportation lock to the locked position to secure the scanner carriage.
- Attach the packing materials that came with the scanner, then repack the scanner in its original box or a similar box that fits the scanner snugly.
Published: Oct 30, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!