Pressing the Start button does not start the correct program. What should I do?
Follow the instructions below for your operating system.
- Make sure EPSON Scan and Document Capture Pro are installed correctly. See the Start Here sheet for details.
- Click the start button or and select Programs or All Programs.
- Select EPSON Software and click on Document Capture Pro.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- The Job Management window displays the Job List. Note: There are four preset actions, Scan to PDF (Gray), Scan to PDF (B&W), Scan to PDF (Color), Scan to PDF (Auto).
- Next select a job from the Job List and click on the Edit button, you will see the screen below:
- Make sure Take no action is not selected as a Destination under the Job Settings window.
- Select the desired Destination for the scanned documents and click OK.
Note: Make sure you are logged on as the user who installed the scanner software. Other users must first start Epson Scanner Monitor in the Applications folder and then press the Start button to scan.
- Make sure EPSON Scan and EPSON Event Manager are installed correctly. See the Start Here sheet for details.
- Open Applications and click on EPSON Software.
- Double click on Event Manager, you will see the screen below:
- Next click on the Make Job Settings button.
- Make sure [Take no actions] (Save only) is not selected in the Launch Action field.
- Select the desired Launch Action for the scanned documents and click OK.
- Try scanning again.
Published: Oct 26, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!