How should I transport my product?
If you need to ship your product, transport it a long distance, or store it for an extended period, prepare it for transportation as described here.
Warning: Because the scanner is heavy, one person should never attempt to lift or carry it alone. Two people should lift and carry the scanner using the hand positions shown here.
- Make sure the carriage is in the home position on the left side of the scanner. If the carriage is not in the home position, turn on the scanner and wait until the carriage moves to the home position.
- Remove any originals from the scanner.
- Turn off the scanner.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
- If the optional Network Interface Unit is installed, disconnect the Ethernet cable.
Note: You may need to remove the Network Interface Unit if you are packing the scanner in its original box.
- On the DS-60000/DS-70000, open the document cover and move the protective material to the position shown.
- On the side of the scanner, slide the transportation lock to the locked position to secure the scanner carriage.
- Place the scanner in its original packing materials if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the scanner.