I can't start Epson Scan 2. What should I do?
- Make sure you scanner appears in the Epson Scan 2 Utility.
- Restart your computer.
- Make sure your scanner is turned on and any interface cables are securely connected at both ends.
- Make sure your computer is not running in a power-saving mode, such as sleep or standby. If so, wake your system and restart Epson Scan 2.
- Connect the scanner directly to the computer. The scanner may not work properly when connected through a USB hub.
- If you are using the scanner with the optional Epson Network Interface Unit, make sure the network cable is securely connected.
Note: The USB port is disabled if the optional Network Interface Unit is installed.
- If you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall Epson Scan 2, try reinstalling it.
- If you are using a TWAIN-compliant program, make sure that the correct product is selected as the Scanner or Source setting.
- Make sure the Ready light stops flashing, indicating that the scanner is ready to scan.
If you cannot start Epson Scan 2, try these solutions:
Using the Network Interface Unit
Published: Jun 5, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!