The product is not recognizing characters well when using Epson Scan. What should I do?
If characters in your scanned images are not recognized during OCR conversion, try these solutions:
- Make sure your original is straight.
- Adjust these Epson Scan settings (if available) and try scanning again:
- Select Text Enhancement
- Select the correct Image Type setting
- Adjust the Threshold setting
- Set the scanning resolution between 200 and 600 dpi.
- If you are using OCR software, check the manual for any additional adjustments.
Published: Nov 20, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!