The product is not recognizing characters well when using Epson Scan. What should I do?
If characters in your scanned images are not recognized during OCR conversion, try these solutions:
- Make sure your original is straight.
- Adjust these Epson Scan settings (if available) and try scanning again:
- Select Text Enhancement
- Select the correct Image Type setting
- Adjust the Threshold setting
- Set the scanning resolution between 200 and 600 dpi.
- If you are using OCR software, check the manual for any additional adjustments.
- Try using another software program, such as ABBYY FineReader, as the OCR engine. Start Epson Scan and click File Save Settings. Select PDF as the File Type and click Options. Click the Text tab. Make sure Fine Reader is selected as the OCR Engine setting and click OK twice. Try your scan again using Epson Scan.
Convert Scanned Documents to Editable Text (OCR)
Scanning with Epson Scan
Available Image Adjustments
Published: May 19, 2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!